Monday, November 26, 2007

Altered Clothespin

I FINALLY finished altering a clothespin that I found in my drawer at work. I have had the sides covered for a while, just never added any embellishments. The sides of the clothespin were not fun to cover either by the way (but I purchased more of these to make...hmm..go figure). I adhered the DP with Mod Podge, then allowed it to dry for about an hour. I then used the Mod Podge as a sealant. Flowers and ribbon were used to finish it. I'm going to use it as a picture frame once I move in a few weeks. I also created a Christmas card using my Papertrey Ink Stamps which arrived on Saturday. I used Old Olive and Always Artichoke cardstock and inks. I also used Sahara Sand and Basic Grey Markers to ink up some of the snowflakes. I sponged the entire card with Chocolate Chip. I was going to use a punch that I got at Target for $1 on each corner, but I realized it didn't have a guide and they were going to be uneven after I finally punched through the first corner, so I laced some ribbon through and tied a knot in the front to cover it up. I finished it off with some Star Dust Stickles in the center of each snowflake. I'm getting a sinus infection, so I'm off to bed since my Tylenol Sinus PM is about to kick in. Wish me luck tomorrow. My assistant is going to a mandatory meeting in the morning so I'm going to have to fend for myself with my students. Ugh:(

1 comment:

Anna said...

Very cute clothespin and card. I love the colors that you used.