Thursday, November 15, 2007

Faux Cracked Glass

I finally tried this technique yesterday. I used SU!'s True Friend set from the current mini catalog for the main image. I stamped in Groovy Guava, then rock n' rolled the tips in Blue Bayou. I embossed 6 times, then stuck the paper in the freezer for a few minutes before cracking it. I couldn't get the powder to stick to the embossed part while it was still warm, so I just versamarked over the whole image each time. I went over the cracks with Chocolate Chip, but you can't really tell. I finished off the card with some Purely Pomegranate ribbon, a spiral shape clip, and some cream and peach ribbon tied around that. I like the look of this technique, but didn't like embossing so many times, so today I went to the LSS and bought some Ultra Thick Enbossing Enamel. Hopefully I will only have to emboss 3 times to get the desired effect.

No comments: