Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chalkboard Technique


I finally had a chance to try out the Chalkboard Technique that was featured on SCS a week or two ago. It was very easy to do, and I'm sure I'll do it again. I think I waited so long because usually when I use the white craft ink, I end up smearing it or messing up somehow, so I'm always hesitant about using it. But once the chalk was on it, there was no smearing. Anyway, I decided to use the Essence of Life set from the mini because I thought this image would look good gradually changing color throughout. I also used other things from the mini: Afternoon Tea DP, Polytwill ribbon, and the flower ribbon slider. I should have bought more of these when they were available for bulk buy because now they are gone and I really like them. (I especially like putting rhinestone brads in the middle! Whoever thought of that is a genius!) Hopefully the Styled Silver Hodgepodge hardware makes it into the big catty, maybe even with some different finishes (although I really like silver).

No comments: