Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Masculine Cards





Well, I've gotten stuff unpacked in Augusta, and even had time to stamp this past weekend. I haven't had much time to stamp at all the last month with moving, and then all my stuff is in GA and I'm not. But I've decided to update with cards I made at my upline's house. These cards were for our "Masculine Card" camp. The first card uses the main image from Thoughts of Father. We also used Hodgepodge hardware on it. This will be retiring at the end of this catalog. I colored the car with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and blender pens, and I like using the pens with them much better than the aquapainter. It was the first time I actually liked coloring with the crayons. The second card's image is from the set Winds of Grace. We used the Shaving Cream technique for this, and I will definitely use the technique again. We put the shaving cream on a paper plate and randomly dropped reinker onto it. Then use a fork or straw to move the color around however you like. Using Glossy White paper (the other kind won't work as well) press the paper down onto the shaving cream. Scrape it off, then set the paper out to dry. The third card's main image is from All Holidays. We colored the stamp with markers to get the 3 colors. The fourth card was a bit complicated. We punched out the stars, some of them from paper that we'd stamped with the Canvas background. To make the buckle in the middle. We wrapped ribbon around the HPH, and put brads through the ribbon to hold it down. I love how it looks!

No comments: