Sunday, March 22, 2009

sketch challenges




I worked on some recent challenges today. The first card is for WSC71. I used the Great Friend set from the Occasions mini. I also used 2 texture plates- daisies and paisley. I inked the sentiment up with markers to get the 2 different colors. The butterfly was heat embossed using Apricot Appeal craft ink and clear EP on Blush Blossom paper. I added some Hero Arts gemstones to the middle of the butterfly for some added bling to go with the Fire rhinestone brads. The second card was for SCS220. The set is called Scene in a Garden, and is probably my favorite from the mini. I colored the images with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. The strips of paper on the BG are from the Taste of Textiles package, and I ran the bronze paper through the BG with the distressed texture plate. I also added a corduroy button, and layered the coordinating ribbon colors. The Stamp-a-ma-jig was a BIG help with this card.

No comments: