Sunday, January 11, 2009

New (for me) Techniques




I'm not sure why, but today, I ended up doing two techniques that I've been meaning to try, but just never got around to. I also used two sets (All Scallops and Frames with a Flourish) that I just never think of to use as much as I should. For the first card, I used the watercoloring with crayons technique. I colored the flower from Bella's Blooms with watercolor crayons and sprayed (I should say lightly misted, because the first time I used too much water) the stamp, then stamped it. I stamped a frame from Frames with a Flourish to "layer" under the stamp, and stamped some scallops at the bottom of the card. The second card is emboss resisted, but I couldn't find my brayer to cover the rest of the white cardstock completely with ink, so I just sponged the Tangerine Tango on top. It's not what I had in mind, but it didn't turn out bad. The sentiment at the bottom is in TT, and a little hard to see in the pic, but it says "You're absolutely fabulous" from the set Absolutely Fabulous. I wish I had put some Baja Breeze striped ribbon under the twine and button, but I didn't think of that till later.

No comments: