Saturday, August 30, 2008

SC191 and WSC55....New Stuff!!



For SC191, I made a Halloween card using the new "Haunting" jumbo wheel. I also used the pumpkin and sentiment from "House of Haunts." (I can't wait to use that haunted house!) I stamped the sentiment in Only Orange Craft, but it didn't stamp off very well. I decided to go ahead and emboss it to see what it looked like, even though I figured I'd be covering it up. But it looks neat because the edges of the words are orange, and the inside looks shiny black (it doesn't show up very good in the photo). I ended up liking my mistake. For the "Upsy Daisy" card, I used WSC55. I used a new technique I've been seeing with these silhouette type stamps. I inked up first with Pink Pirouette, then used a sponge dauber to apply some Riding Hood Red to the edges of some flowers. I added some Urban Garden DP with a scallop edged bottom to the card. The thin strip of DP above that is the strip that comes from the bottom of the DP after you punch it with the scallop edge. I added a paper clip from the clip assortment with some RHR taffeta and a Kiwi Kiss button to finish it off. I'll probably make and post a few more after the WVU game....GO MOUNTAINEERS!

No comments: