Sunday, August 31, 2008

WSC53 and 51



I'm working my way through all of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenges. It is so much easier (at least to me) when I already have the card layout, and just have to find things that will work in the layout. Coming up with it on my own usually takes so long, that I get to make more cards if I just use a sketched layout. The first card uses "Cheers to you" and the matching wheel inked up in Versamark and wheeled all across the top. The DP is from Bella Rose. I added some double sided satin ribbon to the bottom. The second card is "Eastern Influences" again with Bella Rose DP. I used Wild Wasabi to layer it on and for watercoloring. I added Chocolate Chip Polytwill to the top. To make the scalloped rectangle, I used a tip I saw on splitcoaststampers.com. Punch out 6 (or however many you need) scalloped squares and adhere them together. That is better for me that using the scallop edge punch because I can never get the corners to look right.

No comments: